Policies & Care Guide
Amish Crafted Hardwood Furniture
Our promise is simple; we stand behind all the hardwood furniture we sell, 100%. Should your furniture fail in either workmanship or wood material, simply return it to us along with your sales receipt, and we will repair it at no charge. Normal wear and tear, misuse, alterations, and improper humidity levels are excluded. The customer is responsible for all transportation for all warranty claims and returns.
- Grain & color variations are natural characteristics of wood, and we cannot guarantee exact matching on related pieces. Natural stain variations that occur are not considered warranty claims.
- Five-year warranty on all hardware, gliders and recliners mechanisms.
- No warranty on fabrics for the ordinary wear and tear, & deterioration that results from the intended use.
All Indiana sales are subject to Indiana’s sales tax. All taxes, including sales and use taxes, on out-of-state transactions are the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer shall hold harmless and indemnify SFC for all such tax liability imposed by states outside Indiana.
Standard orders require a non-refundable 20% deposit to start.
Custom orders require a non-refundable 50% deposit to start. Custom includes changes to any of our standard dimensions or using a custom stain,paint, or fabric color or combination.
Any order canceled within 3 business days after the order will receive a full refund of the deposit.
Returns will not be accepted for furniture that has been damaged, abused, or mishandled, as determined in the sole and exclusive discretion of SFC.
- STANDARD ORDERS: Any standard items may be returned within fourteen (14) days of receipt, less original shipping costs, less the 20% deposit. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
- CUSTOM ORDERS: Any custom order may be returned within fourteen (14) days of receipt, less original shipping costs, less the 50% deposit.
- SHIPPING: Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer
For all in home deliveries, the customer assumes full responsibility for sufficient clearing of the area (e.g., doorways, hallways, stairways, etc.) to allow for delivery of the furniture.
Once an order has been completed and the customer has been notified of its availability, pick up of furniture must occur within thirty (30) calendar days. Pickup hours are Tuesday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm and Saturday 9 am – 12:00 pm, please bring blankets, pads, and ropes to package items safely. SFC is not responsible for damage incurred after Loading.
DAMAGED / DEFECTIVE ITEMS
Upon receiving delivery or picking up your order, please inspect for damage or defects. If damage has occurred to the furniture during shipment, please notify the delivery personnel.
Notification to SFC of hidden damage or problems shall be provided within 1 (one) business day of receipt. If damage is verified, SFC will repair or replace it at our discretion.
ESTIMATED TIME TO BUILD FURNITURE
Estimates are provided as a convenience based on our past experience in the manufacture of similar products. No representation or guarantee is made that the product will in fact be available or delivered on any specific date. Our average lead time is typically around 6-14 weeks. Our average delivery time is 1-2 weeks after completion.
Care & Cleaning of Solid Wood Furniture
Proper cleaning of your furniture ensures its beauty and longevity. We strongly recommend reading the tips below to keep your furniture in top condition.
How to Clean Solid Wood Furniture
There are many things that will collect on the surface of wood finishes. Such as cooking oils and fumes, fingerprints, and dust. Generally, a soft damp cloth followed by a dry cloth will be all you need to clean the finish.
Keep Furniture Out of Direct Sunlight
Every effort should be made to keep your furniture out of direct sunlight and heat sources such as radiators, hot air outlets or wood stoves. These conditions will cause the wood to dry out and subsequently split.
Check Humidity in Your Home
Humidity between 35 to 45 percent guards against shrinking and cracking or expansion. Basements with high humidity should be avoided. Do not place furniture near heat sources. You may choose to dehumidify or humidify depending on your environment. Extreme temperature and humidity will ruin hardwood.
Allow Wood Time to Cure
The materials that protect your finished furniture are dual component products that in our oven require 5-8 days to achieve maximum protection of the natural wood. In the curing process, damage can and will occur if caution is not used to protect this finish from hot materials placed on it. Use extra care to protect these products so your investment really can last a lifetime!
Protect Your Furniture
You can place coasters under hot cups or serving bowls. Use a table pad when possible to keep hot and heavy materials off the wood surface. In time, your finish will achieve its full protective properties, but for the first few weeks, it needs tender care.
Helpful Care Tips
- Blot up spills immediately.
- Lift items rather than dragging them across the furniture surface.
- Don’t place hot items directly on your furniture. If something is too hot to hold in your hand, it’s too hot for your furniture.
- Do not allow cleaners containing ammonia to come in contact with the finish, ammonia may turn oak black.
- Do not use cleaners containing bleach or wax.
- Dyes and inks may discolor the finish. The ink and dyes from newsprint and plastic bags may penetrate into the finish when moist.